June 1, 2006

love spanning the distance

so, an interesting question arose to me this weekend. can love span a distance, a really great distance? can my love grow so much that it actually reaches out and touches my guy who is 1973.9 miles (not that i'm counting) away? i sincerely believe that my love for him has exploded, it's grown exponentially, it's ginormous, just in the past couple months. it's gotten so big despite the fact that we only see each other every few months. the distance, i feel, has had no effect on my ever increasing love. when i think about him, my heart beats a little more heartily, when my microsoft outlook pops up an e-mail with his return address my hand reaches for the mouse, when i see his name on my cell phone i stop everything else and look forward to his sweet voice, and when i love him, i love him more and more.

i saw him this weekend. and while we were sitting at the edge of the river i found out that, well, apparently it's slightly different for him. he claims it's hard for his love to grow when we're so far apart. it tends to stay at the same level. i didn't understand so i cried. and my love keeps growing to try and span the distance between my heart and his.

No comments: