May 26, 2006

back in the bubble

this past weekend i went back east to northampton, ma for my sister's graduation. since i went to smith as well, it was like a mini-reunion for me. it was so great. ivy day was gorgeous as usual, and i almost wished i worn all white and walked in the alumni parade. and we had some nice family time, wandering around in the botanic gardens where i used to work, walking in northampton (for which i renewed my true and undying love over a cup of chai at haymarket) and eating at one of my all time favorite mexican restaurants, la veracruzana. they even had a band playing that night, which i never see, but they were excellent. i also ran into a bunch of friends from college and chatted with some of my all time fav professors. and people watched, noho is great for that. and of course we moved my sisters out of their houses and watched graduation. lovely, lovely, lovely. it almost made me want to move back to paradise city. but really, time just moves on, and i guess 4 years was enough. enough happy memories to last a long time.

No comments: