November 22, 2006

i'm thankful!


Wow, can you believe it’s thanksgiving tomorrow? Thanksgiving is late in the year, it’s when the holiday season kicks into high gear, when plants finally decide to put all growth on hold until next spring, when the weather becomes seriously colder, when animals start hibernating and we start cross country skiing….but it seems way to early for all of that. Where did the fall go?

Regardless, of where time went, or whether I am actually ready for winter to start descending, it is Thanks-giving, and so we should do just that. I’m thankful for so many things, it would be almost ridiculous to try and think of them all…. my family, my friends, the beauty of nature around me, the endless opportunities I’ve had in life and those that are on the horizon, the inner beauty of people I’ve come to know, my health and the health of my family and friends, the small joys in life, the big joys in life, the traveling I get to do, the love I am able to give and receive, the sacrifices people have made for me and my lifestyle, the satisfaction in the work I do and the landowners who make it possible, the hope that our generation has for the future, the earth and everything it makes possible…I could go on and on. Wow, you know, we really are very lucky people in this world. Not only in the physical needs sense, but the sense that we can so readily appreciate the small yet wonderful moments in life. Can you imagine life without being able to appreciate a little envelope of sea stones and shells? Or the words of a friend? Or sunsets over a desert/ocean? Or the plain old fact that HERE WE ARE!! That in and of itself is amazing!

No comments: