July 3, 2006

dream

My dreams lately have been crazy and yet about very powerful things...

I dreamt I was pregnant with two different people's babies, Greg's and my friend Chad’s . It was weird because there was no getting-pregnant part, there I was, just pregnant and in my dream that was just the way it worked. People just would get pregnant without “doing” anything. I was trying to figure out how to explain to Greg that I was also having Chad’s baby...but in retrospect I should have been trying to figure out WHY I was pregnant, especially with 2 babies of different fathers.

Then last night I had a dream I was getting married. (To this scrawny farmer-guy who was probably like 20 years old.) I was going over to the ceremony and freaked out and couldn't do it because I couldn't think of the guy's first name nor what his favorite color was, and because I had just walked by his car and he had cleaned it and there was a new vacuum in the back which I though was so sexist as I assumed he was going to make me vacuum. So I was crying because I felt so bad for going through all the wedding planning (it was really fun) and having my parent's pay for it all, and then I didn't get married. but luckily my parents had all these coupons and went and got all these refunds. Anyway.

I think these dreams are coming from the fact that so many of my friends are taking steps further in their relationships (Elena & Kevin, Jodie & Chris, Lesley & Robert (college friends), Kelly & Matt (friends here) and Rob & Sherry(my boss) are all planning their weddings and then Georgia, Lisa, and Roxanne with their babies… ) and I find it all very fascinating. (Could I also be perhaps just the tiniest, tiniest bit envious?) Anyway, the conclusion is, everyone who is having babies/planning weddings are much more successful at it than I am in my dreams!

No comments: